Pangu jailbreak tool can jailbreak iPod Touch 5g and iPod Touch 6g on iOS 9.0.2, iOS 9.0.1, and iOS 9. Here I am going to show you how to use Pangu 9 jailbreak tool to jailbreak your iPod Touch 6g or and iPod Touch 5g the right way. Follow the steps closely and if everything goes well, you will have Cydia icon on your iPod Touch.
- Make sure to backup your iPod Touch before jailbreaking it with Pangu. To do that either backup iPod Touch using iTunes or iCloud.
- It’s recommended to fresh restore your device to iOS 9.0.2. If you have lots of apps and data on your device, it’s advised to clean restore it and then jailbreak with Pangu or the jailbreak process will take long, long time to complete. Here are the links to download iOS 9.0.2 and the guide to restore it:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed and have disabled any antivirus or firewall that you’ve installed on your machine, temporarily.
- Pangu is an untethered jailbreak, currently available for Windows only.
Jailbreak iPod Touch 6G / 5G iOS 9.0.2 with Pangu 9
These are the steps to jailbreak iOS 9.0.2 on your iPod Touch 6g or iPod Touch 5g with Pangu:
- On your iPod Touch, adjust the following features:
- Disable ‘Passcode’: Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
- Turn off ‘Find my iPhone’: Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
- Enable ‘Airplane mode’.
- Download the latest version of Pangu9 jailbreak.
- Right-click on Pangu jailbreak .exe file and select Run as Administrator.
- Now connect your device to your computer. Pangu will detect and display the model and software version of the connected iPod Touch.
- Click the Start button.
- Click on Already Backup.
- After installing Pangu app and WWDC application on your device, the tool will reboot your iPod Touch.
- After the reboot, you will be prompted to unlock your device and enable Airplane mode.
- When the jailbreak process reaches 75%, you’ll be asked to unlock the device and open the Pangu app installed on your iPod Touch.
- After opening the app, click Accept button, followed by OK to grant Pangu access to your Photos.
- Pangu will continue with the jailbreak process and after another reboot you should have a Cydia icon on your iPod Touch. If you have it, it means you’ve successfully jailbroken your iPod Touch on iOS 9.0.2 with Pangu jailbreak.
If you encounter any trouble, please let us know int he comments section below. We’ll try to help you get things done the right way.